1. Hope gives us something positive to look for and move towards. We can admit our need for help as we begin to share in our common welfare.
2. Surrender to the things we cannot change through our own power is a way to get on with our lives. We seek a Higher Power of our own understanding and that becomes our ultimate guide and source of strength.
3. Acceptance allows evasion and denial to give way to reality and peace. With the care of God, we are granted the power to welcome new people and new ideas into our lives.
4. Honesty is the ability to match up our insides with our outsides. It allows what we don't care about to go away and what we really want to appear and develop in our lives.
5. Open mindedness is our bridge to the experience of others. It is the passageway out of loneliness into the life of the Spirit.
6. Willingness to try is the beginning of doing our part. However grand or humble that might be, it is a state of readiness replacing depression and anxiety.
7. Faith is the evidence of our trust in God. True faith is the result of surrender coupled with experience that God can and will do for us if we ask for help.
8. Tolerance is knowing the other person has the same spirit in them as us and being curious about what that spirit is trying to do
9. Patience is taking time for things to move into place without force or breakage.
10. Humility is knowing the importance of doing our part well and being open to the many forms of help required for a full and abundant life.
11. Unconditional love is given where we sense our spirit in another human being.
12. Sharing and caring is the active and passive forms of love that keeps us alive and allowing God to use us as instruments.
Posted by Jennifer Johnson. Posted In : Principles